Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Saturday Eve!

ARTIST OF THE DAY
Toby Mac




TobyMac was one-third of the mega-group DC Talk. But about 7 years ago DCT decided to branch out and try expressing themselves with solo projects. It was an amicable split that led to even more great Christian music!

The most successful of the three DC Talk alums is arguably TobyMac. He took home his first Grammy as a solo artist last year, after receiving Grammy nominations for each of his first three solo projects (Momentum, Welcome To Diverse City, Portable Sounds). And last year TobyMac topped 2 million in total albums sold during his solo career.

Toby is the first to admit that he has to work really hard to make great music. “That’s what drives me,” he says. “I feel like I have to work harder than other people to get there. Sometimes I feel like I’m slightly under-gifted; I usually don’t sit down and write a great song in just a few minutes like others can. But I think my work ethic makes up for that.”

“I still believe that a song can penetrate a heart. I believe God can use a song to open someone’s mind and heart."

I still want to see a DC Talk reunion, but TobyMac is still keeping real - just like in his DCT days.

Latest Album: Tonight

Want More? CLICK HERE

Music Video: Tonight



Scriptural Pursuit

Q: What prophet prophesied that the Messiah would enter Jerusalem riding on a donkey?

A: Zechariah (Zechariah 9:9)

Congratulations, Jean Gary Nicolas!

No comments:

Post a Comment