Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday, November 8, 2010


Thanksgiving is rushing towards us (2 1/2 weeks), and I am thrilled to welcome back the Holiday season! Thanksgiving is all about family for me. And it will be my daughter's first Thanksgiving - which makes it extra special for my family. We have so much to be thankful for, even though we've just gone through a tremendous season of change in our lives.

Throughout my many Thanksgivings, it is the years where there was little - when times were the hardest - that I remember most fondly. That must be a God thing. Did you know that people give more generously during hard times than during times of plenty? I think when we are accountable to our blessings is when we are most thankful for them.

So how has God taken care of you this past year? Was it hard? In those hardships did you see God better? That's generally been my experience. One thing is for sure - this Thanksgiving, I am so thankful for my WOLC family. The staff and management - and especially the listening family! Thanks for welcoming me and my family. Thanks for becoming our new family!

PS,
I also get very sentimental during the last couple of months of the year ...

102.5 Shore Things
Getting to Know the Eastern Shore!


#97. Bargain Bill's ($5 pizza)

Bargain Bill's Flea Market in Laurel, DE was listed by Good Housekeeping Magazine as one of the top 50 flea markets in the U.S.! They have 15 acres of stuff - plus there's a culture to Bargain Bill's that you don't soon forget, and it keeps you coming back for more! Plus, a listener told me they have the best $5 pizza in the world!

Got something to add to the list? Tiem is running out to add to it!
Email me: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY
Pocket Full Of Rocks




PFoR have been recording and touring since 1995, but just under the radar. Then Michael W. Smith caught wind of one of their songs (Let It Rain). He recorded it for his platinum-certified album Worship. Phillips, Craig & Dean took notice of another song (Let The Worshippers Arise) and recorded it for their worship record.

But Pocket Full Of Rocks is more than just a song factory! They released their debut Song To The King in 2006 to critical praise, followed by Manifesto in 2007 and this year's release More Than Noise!

Currently the band is enjoying some radio success and opening up for Todd Agnew all across the country for An Evening of Worship Tour.

Latest Album: More Than Noise

Want More? CLICK HERE

Scriptural Pursuit

Q: What Old Testament person's name means "laughter"?

A: Isaac (Genesis 21:3-6)
His mother thought it funny that she was raising a baby in her 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment