Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday, November 17, 2011

OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING COUNTDOWN:
6 Days

ARTIST OF THE DAY
Lincoln Brewster




Born and raised in a small town in Alaska, Brewster’s childhood was spent in a broken home. It was an environment darkened by his stepfather’s violent behavior and alcohol addiction. An environment from which Brewster and his mother sought solace in music.

As Brewster bonded with his mom through music, he began mastering a variety of instruments —including a stunning prowess on the guitar. It was this incredible talent that caught the attention of mainstream labels, landed Brewster a “gig” playing with rocker Steve Perry and earned him a mainstream record contract by age 19.

But God had other plans. After attending church with his high school sweetheart and now wife, Laura, Brewster yielded his life to Christ. Filled with a new passion and purpose, Brewster walked away from the promise of rock stardom to take a job at his
local church. This new trajectory eventually led him to a recording partnership with praise and worship label Integrity Music.

Lincoln's latest album is called Real Life. At its core, the album is about Grace. “My wife and I have been married for 16 years,” Brewster says. “My family is the biggest deal for me. I didn’t have strong male role models in my life as a kid. But God’s given me the courage to not let my past control my future… He’s given me the chance to be the father I never had and the husband I never saw modeled.”

Album: Real Life

Twitter: @lincolnbrewster

Tour: CLICK HERE

Want More?
CLICK HERE

Video:
Today is the Day



SCRIPTURAL PURSUIT

Q: What Old Testament Judge was blinded by the Phillistines?

A: Samson (Judges 16:21)

Congratulations, Dave in Cambridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment