Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Are you and your team on the Joymazing Race?
CLICK HERE to find out how you could win a HUGE prize!

NEW RELEASE TUESDAY


Southern Attic Sessions
by DecembeRadio | Genre: Rock

On The Altar Of Love
by Downhere | Genre: Pop/Rock

This Is What We Believe
by Aaron Shust | Genre: Adult Contemporary

A Beautiful Life
by MIKESCHAIR | Genre: Pop/Rock

Hope Of The Broken World
by Selah | Genre: Adult Contemporary

Where Would I Be
by Patrick Ryan Clark | Genre: Adult Contemporary

What I've Become
by Ashes Remain | Genre: Pop/Rock

But wait - there's more! CLICK HERE

ARTIST OF THE DAY
Heather Williams




Heather Williams grew up in extreme poverty with her mom and stepfather. Throughout her early childhood, she suffered intense abuse and was even chained to a tree for punishment in one instance. Her mother gave her away at age 11, and Williams went to live with her grandfather in Michigan. Living with little guidance and the pain of past abuse and rejection, Williams turned to drugs and alcohol as a way to numb the realities of life. As things began to spiral out of control, the young teenager began to have thoughts of suicide and was even homeless at one point.

At age 18, however, the dangerous road Williams was on took a U-turn when she briefly reconnected with her birth father. Her father, a Christian, invited Williams to church.
“I came to this place where it was either, OK, I’m going to give my life to God, or I just don’t know if I’m going to live. So, I walked up that aisle at that church, and I gave my life to God.”

Having grown up with a love of music, after becoming a Christian, Williams says she began to write songs from a perspective of radical change. But then another wave of tragedy struck the budding singer/songwriter when her first child passed away shortly after he was born.
“I didn’t want my son’s death to be in vain. The Bible says He has a purpose for every life, for every person; and I knew that was the same for even a 6-month-old baby,” she continues. “So, I said, ‘OK, what’s the purpose here? God, just use me.’ He started to pour into me these songs of just crying out to Him. I’ve had this awakening to God and who He is in my life and who I am in Him.”

For Williams, she describes her songs as “conversations,” sometimes joyful, sometimes angry, sometimes a mix of both. Today, Williams is grateful for how far grace has brought her. She and her husband, a full-time youth pastor, live in Florida with their two young children.

Latest Album:
This Time Around (due out October 14, 2011)

Twitter:
@HWmusictweets

Want More? CLICK HERE

VIDEO: Heather Williams shares her Story



SCRIPTURAL PURSUIT

Q: Over the course of the week-long siege, how many times did the Israelites march around Jericho's walls?

A: 13 times (Joshua 6:3-4)

Congrats John of Princess Anne, MD!

No comments:

Post a Comment