Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's hard to mow the lawn in a straight line when your glasses are all fogged up. I have terrible allergies, so I wear a little face mask while mowing, but when I breath, it fogs up my glasses (because I can't see without them). That sent me down a line of thought to all the things I wish I could change about myself. I want to weigh less (which I'm working on). I want to see without glasses. I want to not be allergic to the great outdoors.

I think most of us are fairly insecure about our physical selves. That's tragic. From what I've gleaned from God's word, we are pretty special - each DESIGNED BY GOD! That's what I call a designer label! I'm not saying we shouldn't work to better ourselves - but perhaps I need to really accept some of the things God designed into me not as faults, but rather charming character.

ARTIST OF THE DAY
Big Daddy Weave




Big Daddy Weave came to be while its members were in college at the University of Mobile. Mike Weaver had been serving as worship leader of a Pensacola, Florida church and attending community college in the area. He, his brother, and their friends gelled as a worship band - and to this day, they see that as their primary calling. Lucky for them the Praise & Worship genre is still one of the fastest growing music markets!

The band's latest album (What Life Would Be Like) is an album about grace and expectation. Mike Weaver explains, "We all grew up in church. That is awesome, and I’m thankful for it, but there is also some baggage that comes with that." The premise is what would life be like if the Church really behaved like we say we believe. If we truly grasped that Grace saves us and not all that we try to do.

4 Things Mike Weaver Would Be If He Wasn't A Musician:
1. Walmart Greeter
2. Stay At Home Dad
3. Apple Store Genius
4. Whole Foods Employee

Big Daddy Weave is:
Mike: Songwriter/Lead Vocals/Guitar
Jeff: Drums
Jay: Bass/Vocals
Joe: Saxophone/Keyboards
Jeremy: Guitars/Vocals

Latest Album: What Life Would Be Like

Want More? CLICK HERE

Scriptural Pursuit

Q: Who was the first shepherd in the Bible?

A: Abel (Genesis 4:2)

Congratulations, Carrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment