Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Did you ever sell World's Finest Chocolate for a school fundraiser? I used to make bank selling those chocolate bars to grad-students during mid-terms. I also remember selling gift wrapping paper, candles, books, pizza coupons and Krispey Kreme donuts.

I'm not sure what the educational purposes were behind using me (and generations of school kids) to hock stuff to unsuspecting neighbors, grandparents, and church members. Did it teach me about being an entrepenuer? Not really ...

I want my cut! Instead of wages, I think they gave me cheap fair trinkets and the promise of school upgrades that never happened ...

102.5 Shore Things
Getting to know the Eastern Shore


#63. Big Thursday

Like oysters? Big Thursday (which is ironically now held on Sundays) is the celebration of the end of restrictions for the oyster harvest. North Bowers Beach, DE uses this historic celebration of oysters to bring in some tourism dollars. There's the fire company sponsored car show, races, concerts, cook-offs, etc. etc. It's a fun weekend of seafood, so I'm there. This year's celebration is past - but there's always next year. Unless the government places a ban on oysters again.

#62. Market St. Inn
#61. Go to the beach at Fenwick Island
#60. Jean Williamson’s homemade gingersnaps

Have something to add to the list? I'd love for you to email me your ideas: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY:
John Mandeville




Mandeville is one of Christian music's most acclaimed songwriters, writing and producing hits for artists such as Avalon, 4HIM, Point of Grace, and Tammy Trent, among others. Prior to his 2009 solo hit “Glorify,” Mandeville was awarded six certified Gold Records, wrote multiple #1 songs, and was nominated for three Dove Awards for Song of the Year with “Jesus Will Still Be There,” which was included in CCM Magazine’s 100 Greatest Songs in Christian Music.

Need more? CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment