Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Have you ever heard of team building retreats?
Apparently some companies (and government agencies) take groups of employees on an away-trip for team building exercises, conferences and relaxation. One time, the Mayor of New Orleans took some of his staff to Jamaica (on the tax payer's dime!).
I've never been on a work retreat, extravagant or otherwise - and I'm not sure how much fun it would be, honestly. But you know what is awesome?
Luncheons.
Who doesn't love free lunch? And you have a chance to be that sustenance provider with our Lunch For A Bunch drawing! Sign up HERE and make your office a happier place!


102.5 Shore Things
Getting to know the Eastern Shore


#57. Black Box theater performances in Fulton Hall

Salisbury University's committment to the arts is admirable, and difficult to fund. One way they do it is by providing some fantastic plays for the Eastern Shore. Season tickets are available for performances, and at a 20% discounted rate until September 15. For SU students, sign-up for theatrical and dance performances are underway now!

#56. The Red Roost
#55. Cattails

Have something to add to the list? I'd love for you to email me your ideas: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY:
Jason Gray




"When I'm willing to work out of my weakness, there are more chances for God to show up and for the unexpected to happen. My strengths--which are really quite modest-are limited to me, but with my weaknesses, the possibilities are boundless."-Jason Gray

Humility is one of those rare things that when they define a person, you easily see Jesus in them. That's the case for Jason Gray. He grew up as a chronic stutterer in an abusive home, but through the Grace of Jesus Christ, struggles to make his music about loving people.

Jason Gray also struggles with the pressure between art and business. "There is constant pressure in our entertainment oriented culture to be amazing and impressive," Jason says, "to wow audiences with gimmicks, to get on the charts. I wrestle against that because it can be a heart killer and completely irrelevant to God's calling in my life. I'd rather be real than impressive."


Get more of this song-writer/rebel: http://www.jasongraymusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment