Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's the middle of the first or second full week of school for many. Things are starting to click, routines are forming, laundry is piling up ...

Now that we are in to it, are you ready for Fall? Are you ready for football, tests, fieldtrips, soccer practice, jackets, and pumpkin spice coffee? I'm tempted to throw in a "ready or not ..." but that seems cliche.

A lot of times stuff happens in life that we aren't ready for. That's happened numerous times in my life, and my gut reaction is to quickly try to create a better, more detailed plan to stay on track. And then I get derailed again! I'm not saying planning is a bad idea, but I have to be careful that I don't plan my way out of God's plans. I'm guilty of living my life and hoping to see God, instead of living God's life for me and experiencing the Joy that comes from being in His presence.

So don't cling too closely to routine, and remember why we are here - not for our benefit, but His.

102.5 Shore Things
Getting to know the Eastern Shore


#58. Dolle's popcorn

Dolle's salt water taffy is legendary, but they do the popped corn pretty good as well! Next time you are at the boardwalk in OC, give it a try. Even better - eat taffy and popcorn at the same time! I call this the "Dentist's retirement plan."

Check 'em out online: http://www.dolles.com/

#57. Black Box theater performances in Fulton Hall
#56. The Red Roost
#55. Cattails

Have something to add to the list? I'd love for you to email me your ideas: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY:
Wayburn Dean




"Our heart's desire is that you will be drawn closer to Jesus through music." - Wayburn Dean

Plain and simple, Wayburn Dean wants to worship Jesus with you. Known for his vocal prowess in the multi-million-selling group Acappella, Wayburn’s musical ability gained him much acclaim during his 5 ½ year stint with the group.

From 1993 to 2001, Wayburn decided a reprieve from touring and recording would give him a chance to refocus. He dived into helping worthwhile causes, devoting his time and efforts to important philanthropic organizations. He and his wife, Janae, became involved in several projects together, including developing a Sunday School curriculum for middle school students. But the further Wayburn walked away from music, the more melodies he seemed to hear, and eventually, the music had to come out.

Wayburn and his wife formed a non-profit organization called Afterword Music. They have donated thousands of cds to missionaries and churches in Vietnam, India, Jamaica, Brazil, New Zealand, and other countries.

Want more Wayburn Dean? Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment