Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday, January 4, 2010

I'm enamored by my dead grass. My yard looks the best it has looked all of last year simply because all of the weeds are finally dead. It's cut short, edged and trimmed. The bushes are cut back. Everything is in its place - and barren. I'm not complaining. I love yard work. Something about getting all sweaty and dirty for hours in the sun - after spending a week inside sitting - is incredibly liberating to me.

I've been researching how to prep my yard for the spring. I want to kill weeds and grow grass. In fact, one of my New Years Resolutions is to grow actual grass in the back yard, not just manage the height of my weeds. I feel close to God when I do yard work. I imagine when God was creating grass and sculpting earth. I love how He was so satisfied with his work in Genesis. He called it all "good." I relate when I get my little swathe of land looking the way I want.
I'm proud of my hard work. I want God to be proud of His work in me.
But I think He's still got some weeding to do.

New Release Tuesday:

Nothing new in the first week of 2011.
But get ready for an explosion of new over the next few weeks!

ARTIST OF THE DAY
Caleb Rowden




Caleb Rowden is a husband, worship pastor, and musician. He's traveled the United States to tell the story of how messed up his life was before he met Jesus - and how amazing life is now because of our loving God. Hey debuted with Free From Ordinary in 2005 and toured with Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Skillet, David Crowder Band, and many more.

Then, in 2007, Caleb accepted a worship position at his home church in Columbia, MO. For a couple of years he plugged away in the local church, but felt his passion was leaving him. He missed the stage and traveling to share his story. Now he splits his time between touring and ministering at home.

Influential Quote: "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less." - United States General Eric Shinseki

Latest Album: Until Everyone is Free

Want More?
CLICK HERE

Scriptural Pursuit

Q: What Hebrew married the daughter of an Egyptian priest?

A: Joseph (Genesis 41:45)
Congratulations Nikki on the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment