Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday, January, 5, 2010

I'm not sure how I feel about music being used only as a tool. I firmly believe that making amazing music is an art. I think God has blessed people with the ability to create this art. Some performers claim that music is only a method for delivering the Gospel.
I respectfully disagree. I don't think that does justice to the gift God gave us in music. Can music be used to proclaim God's greatness? Of course! It should. But I don't think that is its only purpose.
All of God's creations somehow showcase His glory, but the also do a host of other things.
They were Designed to.
And now I step off the soapbox...

ARTIST OF THE DAY

The Sonflowerz



The Sonflowerz began in 1999 when Elissa Leander began writing original worship songs at the age of 14. Encouraged by her youth pastor to form a band with her sister, Becca, they began performing at various venues across Colorado. The act’s first album, You Remain, and single, Crazy Love, were released in 2002. Their sophomore effort, Alive in You, was released in 2005.

The Sonflowerz have shared the stage with artists such as Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Kutless, BarlowGirl, Needtobreathe, Sanctus Real and Phil Wickham. 6-time Dove Award-winner Don Koch produced their new record, “All Over The World”.

Latest Album: All Over The World
Want More? CLICK HERE

Scriptural Pursuit

Q: Name one of the two books in the Bible named after priests.

A: No correct answer today ... try again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment