Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday, June 6, 2011

The 5th Annual HUGE Regional Yard Sale is just a few days away! This Saturday you can come and sell, shop and hang with us! CLICK HERE FMI.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TETRIS!


I'm not much of a gamer.
But I can still appreciate that on this day in 1984 computer engineer Alexey Pajitnov created a great puzzle game that we still play today - only now on our smart phones instead of a Nintendo.

ARTIST OF THE DAY
Sarah Reeves



19-year old Sarah Reeves is originally from Alabama and has garnered much attention in the last couple of years as "the next big thing" in worship music. She's a worship leader, song writer, artist and prayer warrior who intends for her generation to worship like no other before.

Born into a family of musicians, Sarah knew from an early age that music would be her career. With a father who was well-respected in the mainstream music business, she naturally assumed she would follow in his footsteps. But a radical encounter with God at a youth camp when she was 15 years old forever changed Sarah's focus.

Sarah says about her experience, "During that week, God messed up my whole perspective on worship. He humbled me. He filled me with the Holy Spirit. He called me to be a worship leader. He told me, 'Life is not about you, Sarah. Life is about Me. From this point on you will live to glorify My name, to reach people, and lead them into My arms.' My life has not been the same since that day."

This summer Sarah is busy leading worship for youth camps and retreats - which is how Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Building 429 and a host of others that rule the Christian charts got their start. When she has some free time, she's in the studio working on a new release for later this summer.

Latest Album: Sweet, Sweet Sound

Want More? CLICK HERE

Video: Story Behind Mighty Wave



Scriptural Pursuit

Q: What reluctant prophet was thrown overboard in a storm?

A: Jonah

Way to go Kevin!

No comments:

Post a Comment