Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday, October 4, 2010

Welcome to a brand new week of Joy Riding! A fresh start! A new beginning! Aw, who am I kidding - that weekend went fast, huh?!

102.5 Shore Things
Getting to Know the Eastern Shore!


#75. Sharptown (MD) Firemen's Carnival

We missed it this year (it was back in August) but I've been told that they have superior oyster fritters at this particular local carnival. Established in 1926, this annual fund raiser and family blessing has been kicking for 84 years! And, unlike the amusement parks on the boardwalk - there is no charge for admission! Plus, showing great progress for the Eastern Shore - they have a website: http://www.sharptown.net/carnival-default.asp

Got something to add to the list? Email me: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY
Travis Taylor




Travis leads worship for his church in one of the ritziest neighborhoods in Hollywood. He attributes the authentic love for Christ and desire to perform the best by his church's members as the reason he tries to break molds with music - to create art as a form of worship. He encourages everyone, in whatever it is they do not put themselves in a box, and live boldly for Christ.

Taylor's debut "You Have Loved" blends rock, pop, and folk to deliver a worshipful experience with musical depth.

“I am a worship leader at heart, so I write songs for the worship arena,” Travis says. “But I also write songs about my wife; songs about my kids; songs that are just about everyday life. Of course there is an element of faith that runs throughout these songs, even when I’m not singing specifically about God. I think good music is good music and I don’t think people will be confused by hearing a love song next to a worship song on an album, as long as both are great songs.”

Want more? CLICK HERE

Scriptural Pursuit

Q: How many times does the Bible mention the color "brown?"

A: Once (In Zechariah 1:8 they mention the color of a horse)

No comments:

Post a Comment