Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday, August 13, 2010 (Friday the 13th!)

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it ... It's my birthday weekend! I'm not usually a fan of birthdays, but this year I just feel so very blessed, that I can't contain my enthusiasm! So if you don't have any plans this weekend, go get a birthday cake and eat it in my honor!

Birthday cake is scientifically proven to have no calories. Right?

102.5 Shore Things
Getting to know the Eastern Shore


#39. Driving distance to Washington D.C.

The Eastern Shore is its own little world - but we are close to several MAJOR areas. That I can be in DC in a little over 2 hours is incredible. For the 4th of July, I went to the National concert. This weekend, I'll catch a Nationals game for my birthday. And I'm never far from home! This is a serious selling point for Real Estate agents on the Eastern Shore.

#38. An oyster roast
#37. Salisbury University’s Men's and Women's Lacrosse
#36. Kayak from Trap Pond to Raccoon Pond.
#35. Fisher’s Caramel Popcorn (on the boardwalk)

Have something to add to the list? I'd love for you to email me your ideas: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY:
Mercy Me




I can only imagine a world without "I Can Only Imagine." This year the band celebrated the 10th anniversary of their hit song - a song that has impacted lives across the globe, and given a group of worship leaders something incredibly elusive in the music industry: job security!

The band is determined to bring low-cost, high-value experiences to the fans. They committed themselves and many of their friends (big names like Jeremy Camp and Sanctus Real) and new bands worth getting to know, to charging as little as possible at shows. This late-summer the band is touring state fairs! Fun! (No, they aren't coming here - but they will be in Baltimore this October)

Their latest album The Generous Mr. Lovewell is based on a fictional character bent on showing love and grace within and outside the walls of the Church. And it's good. REAL good. Both a love letter to the Church and an admonishment at the same time (very Paulian).


Want more Mercy Me? Of course! Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment