Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday, August 5, 2010

With the White Marlin Fishing Championship wrapping up over today and tomorrow in Ocean City, it got me reminiscing about my fishing excursions. I am an awful fisherman. I'm more of a stand-around-and-get-sunburnedman. One time I got sunburned on my knees after sitting on a friend's boat for 4 hours out on a lake. Not one nibble, but I couldn't walk for 2 days. Fish that I catch aren't measured in pounds, but rather ounces.

102.5 Shore Things
Getting to know the Eastern Shore

#33. Outdoor farmers market in Lewes

Not only do farmers' markets help the local economy, but you get the freshest of produce! Where I come from, there were no farmers, let alone markets for their goods.

#32. The White Marlin Fishing Championship in OC
#31. Surf fishing
#30. Hot homemade donuts from DeVages

Have something to add to the list? I'd love for you to email me your ideas: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY:
Travi
s Taylor

Texas-born + California-life = Travis Taylor's laid back, authentic music!

Taylor's debut "You Have Loved" blends rock, pop, and folk to deliver a worshipful experience with musical depth.

“I am a worship leader at heart, so I write songs for the worship arena,” Travis says. “But I also write songs about my wife; songs about my kids; songs that are just about everyday life. Of course there is an element of faith that runs throughout these songs, even when I’m not singing specifically about God. I think good music is good music and I don’t think people will be confused by hearing a love song next to a worship song on an album, as long as both are great songs.”

Travis leads worship for his church in one of the ritziest neighborhoods in Hollywood. He attributes the authentic love for Christ and desire to perform the best by his church's members as the reason he tries to break molds with music - to create art as a form of worship. He encourages everyone, in whatever it is they do not put themselves in a box, and live boldly for Christ.

Want more of this up-n-comer? Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment