Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday, August 12, 2010

We had some incredible rain this morning - just in time too, because my grass has been looking terrible! Sometimes I want to go run around and play in the rain. Days when I don't have to worry about having wet socks in a cold, cold studio ...

102.5 Shore Things
Getting to know the Eastern Shore

#38. An oyster roast
I have no idea what an oyster roast is. I presume you roast oysters? Maybe over an open flame? I've been told that the Fruitland Fire Company knows how to roast an oyster with the best of them. Hey, it's seafood, so I'll give it a try!

#37. Salisbury University’s Men's and Women's Lacrosse
#36. Kayak from Trap Pond to Raccoon Pond.
#35. Fisher’s Caramel Popcorn (on the boardwalk)

Have something to add to the list? I'd love for you to email me your ideas: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY:
Aaron Shust




Raised near Pittsburgh, PA - Aaron Shust has spent most of his adult life in Georgia (not of the former USSR, but the state down south). Currently he's the worship pastor for Perimeter Church in Duluth, GA - which is where he recorded his break out hit "My Savior, My God."

Shust grabbed 3 Dove Awards during his "rookie year." Nabbing Songwriter of the Year, New Artist of the Year, and Song of the Year. 2007 was a good year for the Shust family ...

Some people have that sort of success and think, "I should move to Nashville and be a rock star!" But not Aaron. He's happy being a husband, dad, and worship pastor. Sure he can head out for the weekend appearance with some of the biggest groups in Christian music - lead worship for arenas filled with fans - and he occasionally does. But he prefers to stay at home. That's my kind of rock star!

Want more Shust? (Shust, there it is!) Click Here: http://www.aaronshust.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment