Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tonight's the night! Steve Arterburn of New Life Live will be ... well, Live! At Emmanuel Wesleyan Church at 7 PM - it's free, and air conditioned, so what else are you going to do on a Thursday night? Plus I'll be there and I'd love to meet you!

102.5 Shore Things
Getting to know the Eastern Shore

#23. Chicken necking.

When I was first introduced to this term, I thought of a farmer ringing chicken necks. Terrifying. I like meat, but I don't want to stare into its eyes, you know? But chicken necking is far less disgusting than that - though not exactly how I'd like to pass my time off. You tie a chicken neck on some rope, and use it to crab. Simple. It's an effective way to get crabs on a small scale, and aparently more exciting than standard fishing (or the way I do it: Stand around for hours without a single nibble).

#22. A day in St. Michael’s
#21. A ton of local fresh fruit & veggies.
#20. McCready Memorial Hospital in Crisfield

Have something to add to the list? I'd love for you to email me your ideas: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY:
Audio Adrenaline

The holy trinity of Christian radio during the late 90s was DC Talk, The Newsboys and Audio Adrenaline. Without those three bands, we'd still be suffering through endless Clay Cross and Margaret Becker ballads. Don't get me wrong, they have their time and place - but as for me and my family, we'll sing and dance to "Big House."

I asked Will McGinniss of Audio A one time if he minded playing Big House all of the time. A nearly 20 year career filled with hits, though none bigger than this one catchy tune - requested over and over and over. He showed great wisdom in answering me "Would I love to never hear that song again? Absolutely! But I'm not going to complain about playing it because it has paid the bills for two decades!"

Audio A no longer tours, though they still produce music through their record label and are actively involved in the Nashville music scene.

Since 2004, McGinniss and Stuart have focussed on speaking around the US and supporting their Hands and Feet Project. They have built an orphanage and school in Haiti and are raising funds for a project in Nicaragua.

Learn more about Hands & Feet: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment