Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Oh what a glorious day, what a glorious way that you have saved me!" - Tim Hughes

I love worship time. I especially love joy-filled praise songs. Introspection has its place, but I love to let my hands fly into the air and jump up and down in praise to my King. I love the moment of passion, crying out to Jesus. But praise and worship is not about me. It's about Him. I'm guilty of using times of worship as if they are therapy for my bruised soul. While worship is healing, and our hearts yearn for it - it is a challenge for me (and perhaps for you?) to make those times of celebration an actual sacrifice of praise.

102.5 Shore Things
Getting to know the Eastern Shore

#28. Smelling salt water

The first trip I ever took on the Eastern Shore I had terrible seasonal allergies. My head was buzzing from Benedryl and my nose was running as fast as my drainage. It was terrible. Until I hit the beach, and instantly I could breath! My head opened up. It was like a miracle cure. Perhaps when Jesus said we are to be the salt of the earth, he meant we were to be like an ocean breeze, bringing clarity to a stuffy world...

#27. Delmar Pizza
#26. Pony Swim and Auction
#25. YMCA Salisbury - indoor and outdoor pool

Have something to add to the list? I'd love for you to email me your ideas: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY:
Chris "Dwayne" Tomlin

Chris Tomlin currently owns the title of "most sung worship artist in American churches." He surpassed Bill Gaither - who owned the title for decades. In the mid-90s Tomlin led worship for evangelist Dawson McAllister, and joined Loui Giglio in the late 90s to create the Passion Conference. He's also been a part of Hillsong conferences. So for the last 20 years, he's been at the forefront of every major worship movement in Christian pop culture.

This Texas native has led worship around the world. You probably sing one of his songs at your church. "Indescribable," "How Great Is Our God," "Forever" - all of those, Tomlin hits. My church sings them all. All the time.

Back in 2007, filmmakers approached Chris Tomlin to record a new version of "Amazing Grace" for a film about the abolition of slavery in England. Tomlin launched himself into the history of the song, discovering multiple verses that had been lost to time. His version of "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" was featured on the soundtrack of the movie "Amazing Grace" and stands as one of the greatest versions of the classic hymn ever recorded.

Want more Chris Tomlin? Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment