Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's hot, hot, hot outside! When I moved here from Southeast Louisiana, everyone promised me four seasons, but I thought "surely Summer won't be too summery ..." I was wrong!

But as hot as it is, there's always that ocean breeze just a short jaunt away. I'm still set on broadcasting the JoyRide from the beach. It'll happen one day. Just you watch! Or listen, I guess ...

102.5 Shore Things
Getting to know the Eastern Shore

#22. A day in St. Michael’s

I recently changed my car registration to Maryland, and received two new plates for my vehicle. They were both celebrating the War of 1812. I love them because they look very patriotic and I actually have a degree in History. St. Michael's apparently played a pivotol role in the War of 1812, defending the Eastern Shore from the British.

I love historic old(e) towns. I think they showcase the perseverence of America - and St. Michael's shows that The Eastern Shore isn't afraid to fire some cannons into the Bay to defend our livelihood!

#21. A ton of local fresh fruit & veggies.
#20. McCready Memorial Hospital in Crisfield

Have something to add to the list? I'd love for you to email me your ideas: jmillwood@wolc.org

ARTIST OF THE DAY:
Laura Story

Laura has a story similar to many who were raised in church. She prayed the sinner's prayer at a very young age, convinced by a pastor it was the only way out of Hell. But later on, as a teenager doing mission work, came to a deeper understanding of what it meant to love and follow Christ.

Laura aspired to be a symphony conductor, but once she penned "Indescribable" and it was recorded by Chris Tomlin, it became aparent that she was meant to write and record worship music!

No comments:

Post a Comment